Re: hardinfo status.

On 9/6/06, Adam D. Barratt <debian-release@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
Hi,

On Wednesday, September 06, 2006 5:10 PM, Gustavo Franco
<stratus@debian.org> wrote:

> I would like to know the real hardinfo[0] migration status.

That *is* the "real" status.

> The last release isn't building on some archs, but it lists archs (it
isn't
> 'any').

0.3.7pre-4, however, did build on alpha, arm, ia64, m68k and s390, and the
corresponding binaries are still in unstable. The maintainer has already
requested their removal (#385781) a few days ago, so it's currently waiting
for that to be actioned.

In other words, the real status is that there are old binaries in
architectures that aren't listed in hardinfo anymore and once #385781
is closed, it will be able to move into testing, right?

>         http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=hardinfo
>         What's wrong with pciutils? (maybe ~ is confusing the code)

I'd suspect that's probably the case but you'd want to ask Björn about that
(there are contact details on the page quoted).

I'll ask him.

thanks,
-- stratus