Re: Etch timeline is unrealistic because non-free firmware is NOT being dealt with

In linux.debian.kernel Nathanael Nerode <neroden@fastmail.fm> wrote:

>>>What can be done about this?
>>Accept that most people do not consider this a problem?
>First of all, this is false.  Most Debian developers agree with me.  You
This is unproven.

>think not?  Prove it by proposing a GR.  More importantly, the release team
I had such a plan, but no time to implement it currently.

>agrees with me that this is a problem, and it is explicitly a release blocker.
It's not like they had a choice.

>You probably agreed to uphold the Social Contract in your Debian work.
>(Or were you "grandfathered in" before NM?)
I became a developer long before the NM process was created, and I
agreed to follow the "unclarified" social contract.

--
ciao,
Marco