Re: s390 uninstallability review

(No need to CC me, I'm subscribed to d-release)

On Monday 17 July 2006 13:32, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > The real problem here is that the latest security updates in stable
> > have not been installed for unstable/testing too for packages that
> > don't have a more recent version there.
> > Solving that problem would also fix the uninstallability of these
> > meta packages. Quite a few other packages are affected too.
>
> Well, couldn't we just kill the 2.4-kernel-related packages from
> unstable/testing?

First: how does that address the current rather structural problem of the
lack of propagation of stable security updates to testing/unstable?

Second: no, not yet, as that would break D-I beta 2 installations (as was
already discussed on IRC with Bastian this morning).