naming of nonpublic shared library tktable

I'm preparing a new release of tktable, to fix 368795.  I still don't
know the best way of naming the packages.  The filename, as built by
the upstream, is libTktable2.9.so, without a soname and without any
symlinks.

My intent for the most recent upload was:

Source: tktable
Package: tktable-2.9
Package: tktable-2.9-dev

As it exists now, the version numbers got dropped.

It's my understanding that britney does testing propogation in units
of source packages.  tktable upstream presumably doesn't guarantee any
kind of abi (or api) stability.  I wonder if Source: tktable-2.9
doesn't make more sense, to allow for some package which won't work
with a (hypothetical) tktable 2.10 or 3.0.  Actually I wonder if it
matters even, since, if that turned out to be true, the new package
could simply be called Source: tktable-3.0, and the old Source:
tktable would be left alone (assuming this was all understood in
advance).

Please comment.

Thierry, do you need the static .a library for anything?  I'm
considering dropping the -dev package and moving the documentation to
the runtime package (since the .so is included in the runtime package,
no -dev symlink is necessary).

Justin