Re: T&S 2 - Die^H^H^HRelease Harder

Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 08:20:34PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
>> Only #311188 (debian-edu-config) remained. After some discussion with
>> the Debian Edu Team I started filing wishlist bugs to the packages where
>> debian-edu-config would gain by having a way to change the conffiles of
>> these package automatically. These bugs will all eventually get patches
>> or be reassigned to debian-edu-config if only the latter has to change
>> the way of handling these conffiles. #311188 is meant to be solved or at
>> least downgraded for etch's release.
>
> Yes, I noticed that as soon as I responded to the bug you filed against
> openldap2.3, you reassigned it away without further discussion. ;)  I guess
> this means you think debian-edu-config didn't have a use case for needing to
> modify the conffile in question, so this should just be fixed on the
> debian-edu side?  And the debian-edu team agrees?

Yes, this should just be fixed on the debian-edu side. I had a second
look at the code of debian-edu-config. They just changed something that
does not have to change anymore and the code does in fact do nothing at
the moment, but test if some pattern is there. So I don't think they
will object to remove the code that does not do anything useful at the
moment...

> Did you help the maintainers with the fixes for this bug?  I know Peter
> Samuelson did a lot of work to get this package fixed, including filing bug
> #370553 on ruby1.8, and I don't see comments from you in that log (perhaps
> none were needed).  If it's the case that this bug was fixed before you had
> a chance to help, please work on this build failure instead:
>
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?pkg=uim&arch=alpha&ver=1%3A1.1.0-1&stamp=1149981983&file=log

Will do, not because I didn't help to fix the other bug, but because
it's fun (at least sometimes ;-)).

Cheers

Luk

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D