Re: T&S 2 - Die^H^H^HRelease Harder

Andreas Barth wrote:
> Hi,
> So first, please continue to work on the RC bugs you already have, and
> select at least two RC bugs from our RC bug list and add them to your
> work list.

Only #311188 (debian-edu-config) remained. After some discussion with
the Debian Edu Team I started filing wishlist bugs to the packages where
debian-edu-config would gain by having a way to change the conffiles of
these package automatically. These bugs will all eventually get patches
or be reassigned to debian-edu-config if only the latter has to change
the way of handling these conffiles. #311188 is meant to be solved or at
least downgraded for etch's release.

I have NMUed some packages in the meantime, most of them are already
acknowledged by the maintainers: hibernate, zope-docfindertab,
zope-extfile, zope-zms, zope-zwiki, zope-textindexng2.

> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?pkg=subversion&arch=alpha&ver=1.3.1-3&stamp=1146945776&file=log

Very strange error in the testsuite, though the maintainer had
experienced a similar error some months before on another architecture.
That was solved by rebuilding ruby with the same gcc version as the
version used to build subversion... Anyway the package has no problem
building on alpha anymore :-)

> Your last task for the next two weeks is now to find at least one set of
> packages, e.g. on http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/, and send us an working
> hint. Please don't be disappointed if your hint doesn't work on first try -
> it's not that easy, but as you're now a bit more experienced, you should
> forward to that level.

The 11th of June I mentioned on IRC that cacao, classpath and jamvm had
to go into testing together, though I didn't add the versions. The same
day I proposed to NMU glcpu and twinkle for the libcommoncpp2
transition. The 2nd of June I proposed the following easy working hint:
easy libdvdread/0.9.6-1 libdvdplay/1.0.1-7. I filed the following RC
bugs about packages being uninstallable when inspecting testing
transition (and looking for hints): #372759, #372764 and #372766.

Cheers

Luk

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D