Re: bits from bts.turmzimmer.net

* Thijs Kinkhorst (kink@squirrelmail.org) [060615 12:33]:
> Good, thanks for the effort. I have just two queries here: first, since
> Debian seems to rely on this tool for the release process, wouldn't it
> make sense to move it to a debian.org host (release.debian.org comes to
> mind)?

Might be a good idea, yes. The host it currently runs on is however
co-administrated by three DDs, so not too far from Debian anyways. :)

However, qa.d.o or bugs.d.o might be a more appropriate place - but I
don't mind enough.

> Secondly, I've been willing to supply a patch for the comments
> feature to make the comments relate to a specific bug, not a package,

The comments are per package for a reason: It was introduced to allow
comments like "don't bother, this package will go away anyways".
I considered more than once to add for packages, but I somehow fear that
this might be used to put information that should go into the bug report
to that page instead - that would be a mistake.

> but can't find the source. Could it be open sourced in good Debian
> tradition?

Hm. It is open source somehow (iow, there are more than one DD who have
access to it; most even write access) - but I never figured out how to
package it best or so. I'll put that on my work list, but be warned that
that list is rather long. :)

Cheers,
Andi
--