Re: gngeo should be hinted for removal

Hi Bill,

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 03:20:56PM -0500, Bill Allombert wrote:

> gngeo has been removed from unstable, so I expect it should be hinted
> for removal from etch as well:

> %rmadison gngeo
>      gngeo |    0.6.4-2 | stable/contrib | source, alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
>      gngeo |    0.6.7-1 | testing/contrib | source, alpha, amd64, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc

> Now, if there is some processes that will take care of that automatically,
> I would love to learn about it.

Packages that have been removed from unstable are automatically candidates
for removal from testing by britney.

In this case, we see in
<http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_output.txt.gz>:

trying: -gngeo
skipped: -gngeo (1 <- 364)
    got: 33+0: i-33
    * i386: gngeogui

So despite having been removed from unstable, it still has a
reverse-dependency that blocks its removal from testing.  It'd be great if
you could check with the maintainer to confirm what should really be
happening here.