Re: sarge3 kernel build & r3

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 09:23:45PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> The more arches are built by the same person, the easier coordination is.
> So your offer is very welcome.
>
> Note that you'll need to check out the kernel udeb package sources from
> the *sarge branch* of the d-i SVN repo for the different arches as ABI
> numbers have to be updated there.

yes, np.  I'll try to have these done by this weekend.

> I could do i386, sparc and S/390 myself if needed, but only next week.
>
> I'm still not sure about the status of AMD64 in this update. It would be
> nice if AMD64 could be brought back in line with the other arches with
> r3. If the kernel updates cannot be released into the main archive for
> AMD64, we'll have to skip that arch for d-i too.

I don't think its very likely that amd64/sarge will be added to
debian.org, but this is a good question for the amd64.debian.net
maintainers.

The next point release of sarge will have a kernel ABI change which
will break net install flavors of d-i.  We are preparing an updated
d-i to go along with this release - does the amd64.debian.net project
wish to follow suit?

I have an interest (job-related) in seeing amd64.debian.net track
sarge point releases, so if there is a desire but lack of resources,
please let me know.

--
dann frazier