Re: summarizing arch status

> On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 10:19:10AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> writes:

>> > I don't agree that http://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph2-quarter-big.png
>> > shows it "in good shape".  We can expect the build load to get worse, not
>> > better, with a push for the release...
>
>> Those stats are and have been off for a long time. For example there
>> are 60 packages in state Not-For-Us. That lowers the build percentage
>> for m68k by nearly one percent alone.
>
> Ah, given that one of the m68k porters has commit access to P-a-s, could
> someone please sort through these N-F-U packages and get them into P-a-s
> as appropriate so that we can have good data for this architecture instead
> of having to look at other graphs?

It is not just m68k although it takes 2nd place:
http://unstable.buildd.net/buildd/Not-For-Us_stats.png

Don't forget to also filter out non-free (or contrib sometimes)
packages that maintainers no longer build, packages that are not for
etch, package that have never been build and maybe even all packages
with FTBFS bugs and patches.

Wouldn't it be much more meaningfull to go through the update excuses
and count the number of packages kept out of testing due to each arch
(or potential number for non-blocking archs)?

MfG
        Goswin