Re: Erich Schubert: SELinux support is a release goal for etch

From Erich Schubert's blog:

> SELinux is an [official release goal for etch][1].
>
>     [1]: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-
> announce/2006/05/msg00015.html
>
> However, we're currently far from that. So far, very few developers
> are actually using SELinux (if any), or even testing it. I won't be
> doing anything on SELinux for the next 6 weeks at least, more likely
> 6 months.
>
> So currently I don't see how we can manage this goal, unless more
> DDs (and of course users; you don't need to be allowed to upload
> packages) help getting SELinux properly integrated.

I know from discussions with Manoj that it's basically just three
or four people working on it. While I am very interested in SELinux
and use it myself (but don't have much time available either,
unfortunately), I think it's *much* more important that we do meet
our release schedule and I'd thus rather see this release goal
dropped than our release delayed.

I don't want to step in the way of people who're serious about
getting it in (in addition to the 3-4 already working on it), but
I wanted to get my thoughts out.

`. `'`

"no survivors? then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
                                               -- captain jack sparrow