Re: binNMU requests for the ocaml transition

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 08:31:14AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 11:13:19PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > > BTW, didn't we decide to add a 'ocaml-abi-<version>' virtual package which
> > > would be depended on by all ocaml packages, so this one can be used as root of
> > > the rebuild tree, without waiting for a list of any kind ? Or was it in the
> > > kernel discussion that i proposed such an idea ?

> > > Steve, do you think that this would be a good idea ?

> > It doesn't seem to have any relevance to the question of binNMUing.

> If all packages that depend on the ocaml abi version have a dependency on
> ocaml-abi-3.09.[12], you need not ask those questions, and simply grep the
> archive for all packages still depdending on ocaml-abi-3.09.1, and binNMU
> them.

So then I'll just be asking next time if there are any packages that need
binNMUing that don't depend on ocaml-abi-3.09.2...  which it seems there
would be, because not all packages would have been rebuilt yet after adding
the ocaml-abi-<version> virtual package...

I think the existing virtual packages are just fine, I only needed someone
to confirm for me whether the list of virtual packages I knew of was
comprehensive.