Re: The powerpc port should be removed from etch release candidates ...

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 02:59:27PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
> > Well, who is working on the powerpc d-i port ? Only Colin Watson,
> > but his duties in ubuntu don't leave him enough time to do the work
> > properly, and it was always me in the past who ended up doing the
> > work nobody else cared about.
>
> I don't understand how removing your write access to the repository
> prevents you from continuing to do the work.

Well, if it was isolated maybe, but having constant bashing and patronizing of
frans over my every comment, and then being told don't bother anyway your
stuff will nto be included, and then this in addition, it is a bit much.

Not caunting the other very crass personal attacks they made on me while i was
in personal distress.

> > Since they remove me, and given the difficulties the d-i project has to find
> > porters, i don't think they will be able to solve this issue in a timely
> > fashion for the etch release.
>
> Surely if they fail to do so, it should be dropped.  But saying "they
> will be helpless without me, so they will fail, so drop them now"

No, i am raising an alarm earlier, so people who care about powerpc will have
time to act, and will not stay believing all is fine, and end with a mess 8
month from now or such.

> doesn't make much sense.  If you no longer wish to help with debian
> ppc, that's sad, but I don't understand why that means that nobody
> else could ever be found.

No, i want to help, i also want for the port to do well and work. When frans
first anounced that they had found another porter, and that everything would
be fine without me, i was as helpfull as i could, and now 4 weeks afterward, i
see the mess that resulted.

I want that either they admit their failure to the world at large, take their
responsabilities seriously and get the powerpc port going, or admit my
competence and accept my help.

There is no middle ground, and if neither of these three choices are made, ...

Friendly,

Sven Luther