Re: [D-I] Preparing for update in stable

* Frans Pop (aragorn@tiscali.nl) [060421 02:21]:
> 2) Get these acked by SRM so they actually show up in s-p-u; s-p-u already
>    has debian-installer sections, I'm not sure if the acceptance queue
>    and approval stuff supports udebs though (aj?)

It does - however, you have to wait with uploading binary-only packages
as long as their source is waiting for approval. (And, as of now, there
is no way to approve packages.)

> The main problem is going to be testing the new images as it will not be
> possible to run an installation and download kernel udebs from s-p-u and
> other udebs from stable.

The question is however: should we try to keep the "old" udebs in stable
also? Are they not overwritten by the point release? Or should we try to
change stable so that we have two versions of the udebs in stable?

> While researching this I noticed that there are two udebs (for preseeding)
> currently in s-p-u that were originally uploaded to t-p-u, These were
> intended for the original Sarge release, but somehow never made it. They
> should probably be included in 3.1r3 too.

Ok.

Cheers,
Andi
--