Re: "has RC bugs" bogusly

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 08:58:53 -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

> According to the excuses for testing, one reason gnucash can't go in
> is because it "has release critical bugs".  But the only RC bug
> against gnucash is for the version in *experimental* and does not
> apply to the version in unstable.

I think britney doesn't use BTS version tracking yet, so this bug seems
to be one of the things keeping gnucash out of testing.
The release team could hint your package anyway, though, if there
weren't other issues.

> It is unreasonable, I think, for bugs reported only against the
> experimental version to keep packages out of testing.
>
> Other than this one bug, I can't see why gnucash is out of testing, as
> well, though perhaps I'm misunderstanding something about the slib
> situation.  Can someone take a look, and suggest what might help?

gnucash is not yet built on ia64, waiting for guile-1.6, which failed to
build:
http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?pkg=guile-1.6&arch=ia64&ver=1.6.7-2&stamp=1144788100&file=log

Cheers,
Julien