Re: libapache2-request-perl security upgrade broken

Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> > When trying to upgrade to the latest libapache2-request-perl
> > (2.04-dev-1sarge2)
> > I've got a broken dep on perl >= 5.8.4-8sarge4, but perl 5.8.4-8sarge3 only
> > is available.
>
> > Following Joey's piece of advice, I'm contacting you on that matter. He
> > remarked that perl 5.8.4-8sarge4 is the one in proposed-updates...
>
> This is a bug introduced by the security team. There is nothing the
> stable release team can do about this but only release the next stable
> point release in near future.
>
> I read the developers reference where it says:
> > Build the package on a clean system which only has packages installed
> > from the distribution you are building for.
> as "Do only build packages within a stable enviroment." If the security
> team uses additional resources to build their packages, their fault.

FWIW: The package has been built by a build daemon.  That's nothing the
security team controls.

> They can not even been sure that packages in proposed-updates will be in
> the next stable point release.
>
> So, please go and ask the security team to update that package again.

That won't help.

Quick investigation:

  Affected architectures: alpha arm i386 mips mipsel s390 sparc
  Unaffected architectures: amd64 hppa ia64 m68k powerpc

Regards,

	Joey

--
Reading is a lost art nowadays.  -- Michael Weber