Re: libapache2-request-perl security upgrade broken

Hi Cyril,

On Monday, 03 Apr 2006, you wrote:
> (FYI: running sarge with security upgrades, without proposed-updates, on
> i386)

> When trying to upgrade to the latest libapache2-request-perl
> (2.04-dev-1sarge2)
> I've got a broken dep on perl >= 5.8.4-8sarge4, but perl 5.8.4-8sarge3 only
> is available.

> Following Joey's piece of advice, I'm contacting you on that matter. He
> remarked that perl 5.8.4-8sarge4 is the one in proposed-updates...

This is a bug introduced by the security team. There is nothing the
stable release team can do about this but only release the next stable
point release in near future.

I read the developers reference where it says:
> Build the package on a clean system which only has packages installed
> from the distribution you are building for.
as "Do only build packages within a stable enviroment." If the security
team uses additional resources to build their packages, their fault.
They can not even been sure that packages in proposed-updates will be in
the next stable point release.

So, please go and ask the security team to update that package again.

Greetings
Martin