hdf5 transition

Hi

> Steve, you probably should create a little "transitions FAQ" entry
> in the developers reference to not always have to answer to the same
> wrong proposals of developers who only do a transition once every couple
> of years :)

I fail to see what's so wrong about an (automated) email stating that a
package is currently undergoing a transition. Octave's upstream will
probably release a new version during this week. We would have delayed
the transition without actually intending to do so just because we
wouldn't have known that there was one in the first place.

While I don't have any first hand experience with transitions, I'm quite
sure that "the faster, the better" applies to them.

Regards
	Thomas