Re: Status of the netcdf transition

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 10:21:59AM +0100, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> The netcdf transition 3.5.0-7.1 -> 3.6.0+3.6.1-beta3-0.1 seems to be
> blocking a lot of packages from entering testing.  Is someone taking care
> of it?  Is there a status report available somewhere?

RMs already hinted it. Unfortunately the new package missed a
compatibility package (it changed name) so it breaks as many packages as it allows
entering testing. The (new) maintainer said it is preparing a new upload
to reintroduce the missing package. The only other solutions is rebuilding all
dependants which would be removed from testing...

That's AFAIK. We at DebianGis are all awaiting since a month or so :-/

cfr
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-grass-general/2006-March/thread.html

--
Francesco P. Lovergine