Re: Antique RC bugs (many about licensing)

In linux.debian.devel.release Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

>Package: libmpeg2-4 (optional; Loic Minier et al.) [mpeg2dec/0.4.0b-4 ; =] [add/edit comment]
> 14-Aug-2005: Andi: is sarge-ignore; discussion about permanent exception
>268603 [           ] libmpeg2-4: Non-PIC shared library
>
>This almost certainly should have a permanent exception.

If we accept that wasting a few more MB of RAM for a 10% speed
improvement is an acceptable tradeoff then the bug does not need an
"exception", it should just be closed.
Somebody should really take some time to fix the policy, see
http://blog.bofh.it/id_101 for details.

--
ciao,
Marco