Re: Build-depends on package not in testing

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 10:12:10PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 06:24:09PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > I don't know how much we care about that...
>
> > cvm
> > mailfront
>
> > are in testing but Build-Depend on freecdb which isn't.
>
> Well, that's a release-critical bug, just of a class we don't spend much
> time chasing until close to release.

Unfortunately the discussion about the freecdb package didn't attract
my attention earlier, the release critical bug is resolved as invalid
now.

> > The maintainer does not intend to migrate to tinycdb and is
> > instead adopting freecdb.  But it's unclear how long it will
> > take for that to be worked out.
>
> Feel free to raise the severity of the bugs on these packages to "serious",
> so they can be removed from testing until tinycdb does get sorted out (if
> ever)?

Instead please remove the removal hint freecdb/0.62 by djpig; there's
nothing wrong with freecdb, I'll upload an updated version soon though.

Thanks, Gerrit.