Re: should packages begin using /srv ?

Hi,

On Monday 19 December 2005 12:05, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 01:23:24AM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > > is the release teams opinion and decission on this ? (Steve commented
> > > on IRC that it would be good to have this decission made by the team
> > > and in an archived media.)
> If no one else has any comments, I guess you can take that for silent
> agreement with my position. :)

I'm not so sure, that "no comment" is widely and forever seen as consent.

Anyway, shall I file a bug against policy now, to include FHS 2.3 instead of
2.1 ? I think I should. Otherwise it would look to me like the release team
can simply overwrite policy decissions.

BTW, I also read
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#SRVDATAFORSERVICESPROVIDEDBYSYSTEM
like Isaac does, that is, webservers should use /srv/www, not /var/www.