Re: c2a transition status

Steve Langasek wrote:

Thanks for the added info!

> On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 06:50:50AM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> It's a bit soon to declare that there's "no progress" on the hppa bugs, I
> think; AFAIK this bug *was* fixed once (KDE packages were building), and
> then it was somehow reintroduced, and we're waiting for some FTBFS fixes
> in glibc before it gets uploaded again (since the new binutils breaks it
> on many archs).
Mmmm.

Anyway, ARM is now doing well enough (97% up-to-date and rising) that I'd
suggest taking it out of the not-keeping-up list.

>> * tagcolledit (after libtagcoll-dev is ready everywhere, as noted by
>> Enrico Zini)
>
> Also progressing on the binNMU front, though libapt-front is having
> problems on ia64 that someone will need to look into.
It looks like the same ld segfault as dar and kdevelop3.  Nasty.  ld really
shouldn't segfault.  :-P

>> * mysql++ -- FTBFS on sparc, looks like a transitory buildd problem --
>> requeue?
>
> What problem is this?  The mysql++ binaries on sparc seem to be current,
> and dated Oct 22.
Those were apparently hand-built.

Anyway, I was fooled.  mysql++ needs an allocator-transitioning upload.

>> * xalan -- zope-zms, metapackage med-cms from debian-med
>>    Neither depend on the library directly so neither will need a rebuild.
>>    of its own (metapackage med-cms from debian-med).
>> * zipios++ -- enigma
>
> These two are casualties of my lacking stamina to NMU the entire alphabet.
> :P
Indeed; you did a spectacular amount.

>> * rlog -- encfs, libpam-encfs, gmailfs (Recommends)
>
> Right, another NMU candidate.
There's a problem, noted in the bug trail.

>> One more c2a oddity which needs an updated version and has the old
>> version in testing:
> Already done...
You rock!

--