lyx, boost, and others

For quite awhile (one or two months?) I've noticed that upgrading KDE
in testing, or doing a dist-upgrade, knocks out lyx and lyx-qt.  Some
of the bug reports indicate lyx was removed from testing to let KDE
in.

Is there any prospect of this situation improving?  I'd like to move
to the new KDE, but I need lyx, and generally use lyx-qt.

I think k3b also has "issues" coexisting with the new KDE, though I
haven't been paying as close attention to it.

Finally, I'm interested in getting the latest boost libraries, but
they appear to be jammed up by a series of problems with the
toolchain.  If anyone could shed any light on that, I'd appreciate
it.  In particular, is it reasonable to pull in libboost from unstable
on 32 bit x86?

Thanks.
Ross Boylan

P.S. cc appreciated.