Kaffe will need a force -- then gmp hint should start working

According to Thiemo Seufer, kaffe is being deliberately broken by its
maintainers so that it won't build on mipsel.

Because a mipsel binary is still present -- and the kaffe maintainers have
not filed a bug against ftp.debian.org requesting its removal -- this means
that kaffe will have to be 'force'd in order for the gmp hint to go through.

I am not sure if anyone on -release was aware of this.  It is not noted in
the tentative hint in http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/hints/vorlon, so
I'm pretty sure not.

(It is entirely unclear why GCJ is not being built on mips and mipsel in
any case.  Thiemo blamed it on a bug in ld which he did not identify;
there is no such bug reported upstream, and the only such bug I found in the
debian reports appears to be unreproducible -- and in addition I see no signs
that anyone has tried to reproduce it since October 2004.  I do not have a
very high opinion of the current status of the mips porters based on this.)

As noted earlier the Haskell packages are all solved except hmake, which should
be removed.  With the removal of hmake and the forcing of kaffe, the
gmp hint should go through today (or at least make an attempt which will
give us some output in update_output.txt, which we can use to identify any
further problems.)

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@twcny.rr.com>

[Insert famous quote here]