Re: Release Team meeting minutes - 2005-06-18

Hi,

I feel that there is a clarification missing here:

* Santiago Vila (sanvila@unex.es) [050620 12:48]:
> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > - "don't second-guess your own freeze guidelines and update gettext just
> >   because Santiago tells you it's safe, because then you'll be kicking
> >   yourself for making gcc-3.3 FTBFS."

> Hmm, my name in the second thing we learned from sarge? :-)
>
> Honestly, I don't think it would be fair to blame vorlon or myself for
> the gcc/gettext incident. I admit part of the blame for not reading
> upstream changelog carefully enough, but gettext was not the single
> reason for the FTBFS, as it was uploaded for unstable two months
> before I requested it to enter sarge, and there are maybe-successful
> builds of gcc-3.3 in buildd.debian.org using the "new" gettext (>= 0.14.2),
> so I would say that things are not so simple.

Well, please allow me to explain how it was meant: We were speaking
about better coordination, and we discussed what we want to avoid. It
was only meant as an example what didn't work out as nice as we all (and
I guess also you :) wanted.

I intend to put the minutes directly on the website (though not now),
and perhaps I'll be able to put it in better words than.

Cheers,
Andi