Re: Release Team meeting minutes - 2005-06-18

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Andreas Barth wrote:

> What do we learn from sarge?
> ============================
>
> - base freeze was too long
>
> - "don't second-guess your own freeze guidelines and update gettext just
>   because Santiago tells you it's safe, because then you'll be kicking
>   yourself for making gcc-3.3 FTBFS."

Hmm, my name in the second thing we learned from sarge? :-)

Honestly, I don't think it would be fair to blame vorlon or myself for
the gcc/gettext incident. I admit part of the blame for not reading
upstream changelog carefully enough, but gettext was not the single
reason for the FTBFS, as it was uploaded for unstable two months
before I requested it to enter sarge, and there are maybe-successful
builds of gcc-3.3 in buildd.debian.org using the "new" gettext (>= 0.14.2),
so I would say that things are not so simple.

Thanks.