Re: taking over ICU, library/C++ transition issues

Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org> writes:

> Given that nothing urgently needs version 3.2, would it be better to
> wait to do the ICU library transition until after the C++ transition
> is done?  Do we have a time frame on that yet?

Maybe you can use GCC 4.0 to compile it and then already use the new
ABI of C++. So when the people start to use it can already move his
packages to the new ABI too.

This at last makes sense to me. What all the rest of people thinks
about it?

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116