Re: 2.6.12 kernel packaging

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Horms wrote:

Excellent. Kernels outside the d-k repo are already out in the cold.
I don't see that moving forward with this makes their situation
any better, or any worse.

Common source package currently provides linux-source, linux-tree and linux-patch binary packages with functionality equivalent to corresponding kernel- packages. So the arches not controlled by d-k team would need to just change their build-deps.

On a related note, I've heard on irc that kernels >= 2.6.12 require a newer version of udev, which is not in sid yet (as I understood). I am CC'ing Marco d'Itri, udev maintainer, hoping that he can confirm and give an ETA for the new udev in sid, if this is true.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org