Re: proposed fix to allow security support for fai-kernels in sarge (#297811)

Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 April 2005 12:42, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > > Hmmm... the only mail address for stable security support on
> > > http://www.debian.org/intro/organization is joey@debian.org -
> > > <debian-security-private@lists.debian.org>  didnt seem appropriate to me.
> > What's wrong with that address?
>
> The reason to have filed #297811 is to be able to do stable security support.
> So I choose the address for stable security support.
>
> debian-security-private@ seemed to me like a mail-address to address general
> security problems or security problems which should remain undisclosed until
> they are solved.
>
> > > Would that have been a better address ?
> > Yes.
>
> Ok. So if debian-security-private@ is also responsible for stable security
> maybe it would be a good idea to add the address there. (As I also think it's
> not really perfect that only your personal mail address is listed for stable
> security support...)

Huh?  In which universe do you live?  Not in one where the Debian
Security Team is responsible for security updates in the stable Debian
release apparently.

(I guess you mixed "Security Team" with "Release Manager for ``stable''".)

((Since at the moment, it's both me, it does not matter currently, but
that doesn't have to be the case all the time...))

Regards,

	Joey

--
GNU GPL: "The source will be with you... always."