Re: GTK+2.0 2.6.2-3 and buildds running out of space

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 06:07:02PM +0100, Aurélien Jarno wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> >On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 05:49:24PM +0100, Aurélien Jarno wrote:
> >
> >>I don't know if the problem with the buildds has been addressed or not,
> >>but if need, I can build GTK+2.0 on a sparc machine into a fresh Sid
> >>chroot. Please tell me if you find it could be useful.
> >
> >Since any security updates for sarge will most certainly be built on the
> >buildds, we do need to ensure that our buildds can actually handle such a
> >package.
> Ok, I understand the problem. Anyway, in the mean time the package has
> been built correctly on sparc.
>
> > Do you know how much build space might be saved by disabling the
> >testsuite for static libs on all architectures, instead of just on the
> >mipsen?
> I don't know exactly, but I could do the test this evening on my
> computer (i386). Then I'll send my results.

Actually we've already discussed about that on IRC. There is other
packages that need more disk space than gtk+2.0, so trying to reduce
the size need by gtk+2.0 is useless.

Anyway, as I had already started the builds, here are my results:

                 with static tests      without static tests

chroot                      160 MB                    160 MB
sources                      16 MB                     16 MB
unpacked sources             16 MB                     16 MB
build files                2388 MB                   1090 MB
total                      2580 MB                   1282 MB

build time                  29m48s                    23m47s

Bye,
Aurelien

--
  .''`.  Aurelien Jarno	              GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
 : :' :  Debian GNU/Linux developer | Electrical Engineer