Re: May I suggest a New Name for Debian unstable? :(

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 19:24 +0100, Sebastian Ley wrote:
> * Stephen Pinker wrote:
> > Debian unstable...  it just has a bad sound to it. :(
>
> ...for a reason! The name should and does indicate that newbies better stay
> away from it. On the other hand we have the short and nice codename "Sid" for
> unstable...

So call it "expert"?

Sid is definitely usable by a power-user able to stomach the occa-
sional bump in the road.  Maybe my computer needs are just limited,
but I find Sid very usable and having a low-enough bug count for
an excellent desktop experience.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

When Swedes start committing terrorism, I'll become suspicious of
Scandinavians.