removal of xerces25

I'd like to get the blessing of the release team before requesting
removal of xerces25.  xerces25 should be removed since it is a third
version of xerces, and there is nothing in the archive that has to
depend on it.  At present, xerces25 has only two remaining reverse
dependencies.  I filed bugs against both packages 40 days ago.  The
reverse dependencies are xalan (bug 339396) and anon-proxy (bug
339405).

xalan, as you know, hasn't yet had is c2a rename.  The version of
xalan in sid is two upstream versions out of date.  The latest
upstream xalan works with xerces27, which I hope will be the only
xerces 2.x in etch.  anon-proxy probably doesn't have any code that
depends upon a specific version of xerces.  I can just NMU it to
depend on xerces27.

Can you think of any reason why I should not proceed to NMU anon-proxy
and upgrade the bug I filed against xalan to RC?  Most likely this
would result in temporary removal of xalan from testing since
packaging a new upstream version is out of scope for an NMU without
the maintainer's blessing.

Thoughts?

--
Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org>