Re: library renaming due to changed libstdc++ configuration

I have a question:

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 07:17:17PM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
>  * Rename and Rebuild the libraries listed below. The new suffix for
>    these packages should be in any case "c2a" (instead of "c2"). No
>    new suffix is needed when the soname changes in a new upstream
>    upload.

What about the libraries that had a SONAME change for the last c102 ->
c2 ABI change but no SONAME change for this one?  In my case it's
libscim8 from scim.  Should I just change it to libscim8a, or to
libscim8c2a regardless to be consistent with others?

I know either way will work, but I'd like to see an official
recommendation so that there are less likely discrepancies between
Debian and Ubuntu/other unofficial packages.

Thanks,
Ming
2005.11.14