Re: status of amd64 FTBFS bugs

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 09:01:23AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> What is the appropriate severity currently for "FTBFS on amd64" bugs?

Until amd64 is in the Debian archive and the bug represents a
regression in architecture support, the correct severity for an
amd64-specific build failure is "important".  However, the vast majority
of amd64 build failures that have been reported also affect other
architectures (i.e., they are gcc-4.0 bugs, 64-bit bugs, or NPTL bugs).

> What is the NMU policy for such bugs?

Porter NMUs are traditionally allowed in order to fix arch-specific
bugs.