Re: Please move frozen dmidecode package to testing

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 12:05:02PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> In two days, dmidecode will have passed its 10 day waiting period, and
> should be ready to go into testing.  As it is frozen (creating an
> udeb), I need help from someone to get it into testing.  I start this
> discussion a bit early, as I expect it to take at least two days to
> make a decision. :)

Decision made, update approved? :)

> And wearing my non-di-developer hat, I must say that having my package
> frozen just because I was friendly and made an udeb available, is most
> inconvinient, and I wish such hospitality would not be punished with
> an unwelcome package freeze. :)

Yeah, it's inconvenient for everyone, but allowing debs/sources to sneak
into testing without their corresponding udebs is even more
inconvenient.  That's really the only reason this freeze rule is
currently in place; all you have to do to get an update in is to ask,
and we'll coordinate getting the various bits into testing in sync.

Thanks,