Re: Release team for etch?
Steve Langasek <email@example.com> writes:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 11:14:02PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
>> also sprach Steve Langasek <firstname.lastname@example.org> [2005.06.10.2300 +0200]:
>> > Currently, I am planning to stick around for etch. If we're still waiting
>> > for etch two years from now, it's hard to predict how I'll feel at that
>> > point. :)
>> QUICK, ALL: this should be enough of a reason to get etch out in
>> a year!
> ... which as I've said repeatedly, I have no intention of trying to do.
Why not? The following seems like a reasonable plan to me:
By the end of June, decide the release criteria.
By the end of September, have the GCC changes in place and other
infrastructural changes that we know we expect. Have filed bug
reports on whatever new RC issues will need to be fixed for etch.
(Such as the GCC change, and whatever else.)
By the end of the year, freeze base.
By March 2006, freeze everything else.
Release in June 2006.
Doesn't seem *impossible*, but it requires swinging into gear right
now. What am I missing?