Re: Please accept httrack 3.33.16-1 in testing (if not too late..)

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 02:36:30AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Sorry, the archive has already been locked down for CD mastering and symlink
> changes for the sarge release.
> I'm not sure why "excessive bandwidth consumption" would be RC, in any case;
> does this actually mean "consumes all available bandwidth", or something
> like that?

Yes, which can be a problem for users firing large mirrors in background without watching them. The new release now has a security that prevent people (generally beginners) from using too much bandwidth, AND using potentially dangerous options (such as using too many connections)

> No, the *release* is scheduled for Jun 6. :)

Darn. But fortunately most beginners shoud not be hit by the problem, as they generally use the GUI release (which already has securities enabled)

<potential troll>
Anyway, the new release should be available in few months or so, as we now have a faster release cycle :p
</potential troll>

> is scheduled for Jun 6.

Okay, I guess I'll have to buy a bottle of champagne tomorrow morning to celebrate this :)