Re: please accept Pound 1.9

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 12:31:55PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 01:16:44PM +0200, Robert Segall wrote:
> > I am the lead developer of Pound. I hope you could accept the new
> > version 1.9, as it contains an important security fix (a potential
> > buffer overflow).
> >
> > The currently distributed version 1.8.2 was an interim release
> > candidate.
>
> You'll need to get the Debian maintainer of pound (CCed) to upload a
> suitable package to unstable first. Even so, it's unlikely now that we
> will have time to accept pound 1.9 before sarge; a backport of the
> security fix will have to go through the security team.

I have, for a number of reasons, been unable to submit packages for some
time now. I have made significant progress recently with resolving the
issues and will be back online soon. In the mean time I'll endeavour to
have a 1.9 package unloaded in short order (although as Colin observes,
it will indeed be too late for this release).

Kind regards,

Sam