Re: Please let oregano into testing again

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 01:25:46AM -0300, Maximiliano Curia wrote:
> On Thursday 26 May 2005 23:09, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Looks like there's a new RC bug against the package that will need to be
> > fixed first.

> The RC bug [1] was closed today, with the patch provided by the submiter, in
> the package oregano version 0.40.0-5 uploaded by Jordi Mallach.

> No other changes were made. Upstream agrees an has applied the changes to
> newest version.

> Please consider this oregano version for sarge.

> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=310936

So here's the deal, libgpewidget has been uploaded now dropping the
dependency on libcairo.

This means we have (after libgpewidget is built everywhere) no packages in
testing that would prevent removing libcairo from the release, as the
maintainer requests.

And oregano is free of RC bugs again in unstable and is a candidate for
release, but depends on libcairo.

Could the two of you decide between yourselves what should be done with this
set of packages for sarge, and let the release team know whether to re-add
oregano, or remove libcairo/libpixman?

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek