Re: consider adding apt-cacher 0.9.4 to Sarge

> > Potential bugs: IMHO not in the parts I worked on (I have adopted the
> > package). The experimental features are disabled by default, disabled in
> > a non-invasive way. The people need to run an upgrade script once but
> > that's all. The cached data is not damaged by the upgrade and can be
> > converted easily.
>=20
> Approved.

Okay, there have been bugs that I was not aware of, some where self-made
and some not but there is no excuse. I still ask for adding the new
version to Sarge, 0.9.4 this time since the old version was too buggy, I
found even another problem (with 0.8.6) where it deleted unrelated files
during the installation. Changes below.

Thanks,
Eduard.

apt-cacher (0.9.4) unstable; urgency=high

  * removed /var/{log,cache}/apt-cacher from debian/dirs to manage them
    without interferences via postinst/prerm, calling
    install.pl/remove.pl/upgrade.pl (closes: #310990). This bug was hidden
    before and came to daylight after the rewrite of the old (ownership
    overriding) code in 0.9.
  * fixed the size calculation in the access.log (closes: #311001)
  * found another stupid bug in install.pl, it removed the files README and
    README.txt in the directory where dpkg has been started
  * added more visible advisories to run apt-cacher-format-transition.pl in
    NEWS.Debian and README.Debian
  * commented out the allowed_locations example in apt-cacher.conf, it should
    not restrict by default

 -- Eduard Bloch <blade@debian.org>  Fri, 27 May 2005 18:20:49 +0200

apt-cacher (0.9.3) unstable; urgency=high

  * removed some forgotten debug statements and also a "testing" die; command
    in the checksumming lib (closes: #310393)
  * fixed the adding of CGI var separator ? in the sample sources.list URLs
    and used &nbsp; to not break the lines on extreme low-res monitors
    (closes: #310387)

 -- Eduard Bloch <blade@debian.org>  Tue, 24 May 2005 18:42:42 +0200