Re: extra, unused versions of gmime in sarge

lør, 21,.05.2005 kl. 12.13 -0700, skrev Steve Langasek:
> Hi Ove, Guus,
>
> It looks like there are four versions of gmime in testing currently (gmime,
> gmime1, gmime2, gmime2.1), only one of which is actually used by any other
> packages.  Is there any reason not to remove gmime{,1,2} from testing and
> unstable?

To my knowledge, people using gmime don't generally seem to be making
official Debian packages out of their projects. So they may not
*actually* be unused, even if no official packages depend on them.
However, I'm fairly certain that the first one of them (gmime) would be
unused, so at least that one can probably safely be removed. But I'm
somewhat less certain of gmime1 (which is glib1.2-based) and gmime2
(which is glib2.0-based).