Re: Should multi-gnome-terminal go away?

Torsten Werner wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
>
>> If the maintainer agrees that this package should not be included with
>> sarge, then it is of course reasonable to drop it (preferably with a
>> transition package providing an upgrade path to gnome-terminal, if that's
>> the appropriate replacement).
>

> It depends on the year, when sarge will be released. :-) Too many people
> are still using MGT today because of some of its outstanding features
> that are not implemented in gnome2's terminal emulator. I will MGT for
> sarge and ask for removal from etch if nobody takes over the package.

I was unaware of this.  I guess I should have checked its popcon rank :)
Personally, I have used both and found the new gnome-terminal to be
generally superior.  But I guess OPMMV (other people's mileage may vary)
and they may actually like it better.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez