Re: Please drop cairo libraries from sarge

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 08:32:08PM +0100, Dave Beckett wrote:
> The cairo libraries are undergoing a large API change and shipping them
> in a release would be a bad idea at this time.  I'd request that they
> are removed from testing/sarge.
>
> The packages are:
>   Source: libcairo  binary: libcairo1 libcairo1-dev
>   Source: libpixman binary: libpixman1 libpixman1-dev
>   Source: glitz     binary: libglitz-glx1 libglitz-glx1-dev libglitz1
> libglitz1-dev
>
> As far as I know there are no packages that depend on them so removal
> shouldn't be too problematic.

Both the 'oregano' and 'libgpewidget' source packages (build-) depend on
libcairo and are in testing, and a whole bunch of gpe-related packages
in turn depend on libgpewidget. I don't think removal is an option, as
the cluster of packages indrectly depending on libcairo is really big.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl