Can a new ClamAV be considered for sarge?

Hello all,

I realize ahead of time that the answer is likely no, and I fully
understand the reasons behind that.  Nevertheless, I promised to ask, so
here goes:

Since version 0.84 of clamav made it into sarge, upstream has (again)
done some work on the scanning engine, which means that certain
signatures retrieved by the clam updater are not usable by the version
of clamav in sarge.  This doesn't render the version in sarge useless -
it still uses most of the signatures, just not those of the newest type.

As this is likely to happen again and again in the future, letting a new
upstream version in at this point will merely forestall the day when
sarge's version can't use all of the signatures as shipped by upstream.
However, there are some nice bugfixes in the new version, in addition to
the new signature functionality.  Of course, the new upstream also
introduces a change in behavior such that an old bug is finally
revealed, but that is the way of things :)

Thanks for reading this far, and thanks for your work,
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |