Re: push lurker 1.3-2 into sarge

On 10/05/2005 Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Jonas Meurer (jonas@freesources.org) [050510 18:15]:
> > please push lurker 1.3-2 into sarge. the version currently in sarge
> > (1.2-5) has some annoying bugs like problems with timestamp, and lurker
> > 1.3 is a bugfix-only release. additionally several template translation
> > updates would make it into sarge with 1.3-2.
> > please wait for 1.3-2, as it includes one more debconf template
> > translation update plus a minor compilation fix. it has been uploaded to
> > incoming today.
>
> Hi,
>
> sorry, but I can't exactly say that 1.3-2 is an "important and above
> bugfix-only release" in relation to 1.2-5 -- which might be related to
> the fact that I might not have recognized the bugs. Could you please
> give more details why all these changes are required?

the upstream changelog for 1.3 mentions:
v1.3:
        Applied a patch from Benjamin Boksa to fix highlight under MacOS IE
        Included French localization
        Fixed an (unexploitable) stack-overflow from very repeated keywords
        Changed date widths to 170 for MSIE under Windows 2000.
        Decoding of international headers no longer injects incorrect spaces
        Message-id now don't break in some timezones during daylight savings
        Use sysexits.h if available for mailer compatible return codes
        Increased maximum lengths of some config-file fields
        Suggest attachment filenames via Content-Disposition
        Due to popular demand, reversed the direction of thread arrows
        Fixed transparency of the house icon under IE

as already mentioned, it is a bugfix-only release, and at least the
'header decoding' and 'daylight saving' fixes are important as they fix
lurker's archiving mechanism. it would be very useful to push these
fixes into sarge.

for the debian package, the only changes are:
1.3-2:
  * patched common/MessageId.cpp to make lurker compile with gcc-2.95
  * updated french debconf templates, thanks to Eric (closes: #308354)
1.3-1:
  * new bugfix-only upstream release
  * updated czech debconf templates, thanks to Miroslav Kure
    (closes: #307169)
1.2-6:
  * patch lurker/CharsetEscape.cpp: lurker parsed mutt-generated
    subject headers incorrectly (closes: #306859)
  * add a note in NEWS.Debian to inform admins about the fact that
    they have to regenerate lurkers database to apply the parsing
    fix.
  * updated french debconf templates, thanks to Eric (closes: #298958)

the patch from 1.2-6 is included upstream in 1.3.
the patch from 1.3-2 is a one-line fix, adding one more #define line.

unfortunately there are no debian bugreports which mention the bugs in
1.2-5. nevertheless the bugs exist, and it would be better to have a
fixed lurker in sarge.

bye
 jonas