Need advice on kimdaba_2.0-3

Hello,

 I need some advice on how to proceed with the kimdaba package[1]. In
order to save time and bandwidth I thought I'd rather present my doubts
here, before having to upload and re-upload the package, hope that I'm
doing the right thing.

 The current version of the kimdaba package (2.0-2) has a severity
important bug filed against it: bug #300309 [2], which (I think)
qualifies kimdaba for an update of the package in Sarge.

 There is, however, another bug (#306386)[3] (wishlist severity) that I
believe should be addressed in the update. Let me explain why.

 Kimdaba is one of the packages that can benefit from the new KIPI
plugin interface from KDE. This interface, together with the plugins
greately augment the funcionality of kimdaba.

 The problem is, when 2.0-2 was uploaded there was no KIPI support on
Debian and so the current version lacks support for the plugins.

 The plugin interface is provided by the libkipi[4] package and the
plugins are on the kipi-plugins[5] one. Both packages are already on
Sarge, have no severity important bugs filed against them and build on
all the architectures.

 This is the changelog that I propose[6-10]:

kimdaba (2.0-3) unstable; urgency=low

  * Explicit Build-Depends on gcc-3.3, libstdc++5, libc6-dev and
    libc6 removed to allow build on ia64, alpha and ppc64 (closes:
    #300309).
  * Corrected "a XML" typo on Description and manpage (closes: #299997).
  * KIPI interface added, (closes: #306386).
      - Added build dependency on libkipi0-dev.
      - Added Recommends: kipi-plugins
  * Upstream KDE-help documentation is only in Docbook format. Only
    HTML, DebianDoc-SGML or Text are acceptable. Removed
    debian/kimdaba.doc-base

 In order to have KIPI support on kimdaba, a new build dependency on
libkipi0-dev and a new "Recommends" on kipi-plugins are added.  The
package with these modifications builds cleanly on a Sarge pbuilder
environment.

 I now this changes qualify as "significant", but I believe that it is
worth it to upload the package with KIPI support. It would be a pity to
have both libkipi and kipi-plugins on Sarge and a version of kimdaba
that can't make any use of them.

 Finally, my question is: which is the right way to proceed? Should I
fix only the important bug on 2.0-3 and leave KIPI support for Sid
versions? Or update the package with KIPI support and upload it into
testing-proposed-updates?

Thank you for yor time and consideration,

 David L. Moreno

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/k/kimdaba.html
[4] http://packages.qa.debian.org/libk/libkipi.html
[5] http://packages.qa.debian.org/k/kipi-plugins.html