Re: bugzilla 2.18-6, sarge candidate

In gmane.linux.debian.devel.release, you wrote:
>> Users ask for many things that it's not feasible for us to give them.
>> The fact is that the diff between 2.16.7-5 and 2.18-6 is 197,000 lines
>
> I totally agree that RMs have your procedures, and I believe that I
> cannot change your decision anyway. But I really have no choice except
> to stay with Debian, no matter how flawed I felt. I like Ubuntu for
> desktops, and thanks vorlon.

RMs are not the one to blame for 2.16 in Sarge. The one to blame is
Bugzilla's official maintainer Remi Perrot who decided to ignore his
package for the last 1.5 years (which included several security issues
for nearly half a year) until Alexis Sukrieh took over maintainership
lately, which simply was still too late for Sarge.

Cheers,
        Moritz