Re: Package djvulibre

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 03:18:01PM -0600, Barak Pearlmutter wrote:
> > Which tools are those?  Surely, not any that are shipping with sarge...

> Actually there is: evince.  I was unaware of this until quite
> recently, and it is for the benefit of that package that this was
> requested.

But obviously the version of evince currently in testing doesn't need it,
and a version of evince that adds such a dependency wouldn't meet the
requirements for a freeze exception.  So it seems to me that this change
would increase the size of the archive for no real benefit.  (Size is
always an issue, of course -- it would be nice if sarge/i386 was able to fit
on two DVDs instead of three, and better yet, if it was able to fit on one
double-layer DVD, and it's not yet clear that it's going to it either.)

> (And besides this is a very minor change to a small leaf application
> package and is thus extraordinarily unlikely to cause any non-local
> damage ...

OTOH, it's a change explicitly for the purpose of making this a non-leaf
package. :)  I really don't think this is the time for that.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer