Re: some package questions about freeze

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 11:07:41PM +0200, Laszlo Boszormenyi wrote:
>  I have four questions:
> - gradm2, contains a wrapper shell script update, to use absolute
>   paths instead of relative ones (#307293); can it be pushed into
>   Sarge now or when it is ten days old?

This bug wasn't filed as important, and I'm not convinced that it is.  Is it
actually useful for a non-root user to run gradm2?

> - neon, I was asked to remove Siggy from Uploaders (#298370) by
>   Jeroen van Wolffelaar; also should I upload it to
>   testing-proposed-updates?

No, please follow the guidelines laid out in the freeze announcement mail.

> More importantly I should revert/reopen #285591 (but as it is archived,
> I have no hopes), I just realised the last note after closing it with the
> package update from Joe Orton <jorton@redhat.com> now, that it should be
> fixed in tla. Thus the bug should be reassigned somehow or a new one
> should be reported against tla.

If it's archived, you'll obviously need to open a new bug.  Two new bugs,
really, one against tla and one against neon.

> - kernel-patch-grsecurity2, some mistyped things in README.Debian
>   (#304974), should I upload it to testing-proposed-updates or wait
>   and do more changes before asking for it's Sarge inclusion?

Why are you asking to upload to t-p-u?  Read the freeze upload guidelines,
please.

> - mozilla-locale-hu, where I missed some updates, a new .xpi is
>   available. I would target t-p-u again.

No, you would target unstable, just like for all the others.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer